“Toward a Safe World for Children: Five-Year Strategic Plan 2016-2021”
Over the next five years, ChildFund Alliance seeks to become a global voice with and for children, to highlight the issues children care about, and to mobilize effectively to address threats to their lives, safety and well-being.
Strategic Priority 1: Global Advocacy and Child-Friendly Accountability
- Advance Sustainable Development Goal Target 16.2 (End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children) and related targets through global, regional and national advocacy and engagement.
- Support children in holding their governments and local authorities accountable to their commitments in SDG Target 16.2.
Strategic Priority 2: Improve Our Capacity for Child Protection in Emergencies and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Prioritize key child protection in emergencies interventions in all humanitarian response.
- Mainstream disaster risk reduction (DRR) into regular programming and community development.
- Build on successful youth-led DRR.