Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (light lunch available from 12:30 pm)
Place: Scandinavia House, 58 Park Avenue, New York, NY
RSVP: Confirm your attendance
ChildFund Alliance, in partnership with UNICEF, will convene a two-hour discussion aimed at fostering meaningful and impactful discourse on improving the well-being of children and youth who are at risk of irregular migration in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. The Protection of Children at Risk of Irregular Migration forum will precede the Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt a Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration in Morocco on December 10-11, 2018.
Speakers will examine the root causes and devastating effects of irregular migration and proactive efforts to implement preventative measures, as well as explore how one initiative is successfully working to keep children and youth safe through steps such as training, safe spaces, and policy and program changes at the government level.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Meg Gardinier, Secretary General, ChildFund Alliance, Moderator
- Marta Santos Pais, Special Representative of the Secretary General on Violence against Children
- Cornelius Williams, Associate Director Child Protection, Programme Division, UNICEF
- Alicia Ávila de Parada, Country Director, Educo, El Salvador
- Philip Tanner, Ph.D., Senior Director for Policy & Government Relations, Christian Children’s Fund Canada
- Erin Kennedy, Director, Advocacy and Partnerships, ChildFund International
- Youth will share their personal stories through video