If you ask parents what’s most important to them, they will probably say the safety and well-being of their children. However, what can parents do to protect their children against violence? Do they have what they need to help their kids stand up to abuse, bullying, cyberbullying and other risks? Do they know what to do and who to contact?
The first-of-its-kind Kit offers tools for detecting and preventing at-risk situations that children may face. The tools — complete with illustrations, practice activities, examples and references for further reading — include:
- Recommendations for positive parenting and learning how to express emotions.
- Tools to prevent and defend against bullying.
- Manuals for safe internet surfing.
- Stories for talking about violence.
- Card games to identify our emotions and our rights.
Educo has more than 25 years’ experience working on behalf of children and in defense of their rights, especially the right to equitable, quality education.